In this sequel to the popular My Word, Laurie Barber highlights some of the common and not-so-common words used as we mangle our language. He also gives some fascinating stories about how words have evolved.
- Why did Humpty Dumpty fall off that wall?
- The day the Methodists had an orgy.
- Did Isabella wear the same underwear for three years?
- A leadership role for Ngarla Kunoth of Jedda fame.
- What was the controversy about condemn and contemn?
- Jimmy Sharman’s link with refined young ladies.
- Did Susan Boyle deserve the tag she was given?
- The day that Australia led the world in the nerd stakes.
- Who was the best crooner, Bing Crosby, Russ Columbo or
- Robert Southey’s bull?
- Jane Taylor’s effort with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
- Was The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes the world’s worst movie?